Thursday, December 09, 2010

Where "she is free" is such weird unusual sentence.

There are times when you like this mixture of cultures in Chalmers. There are people from all around the world,
Indian, Chinese, German, Greek, Brazilian and of course Swedes and Iranian. My International classmate salad.

I was murmuring "she is free", almost crying, reading her email, I could not believe that had happened,

Noticed me, my swedish classmate checked my monitor... probably waiting for an explanation, & I was wondering where to start from,

she is free from her man,
of her pain,
her prison,
she is free now to pay a visit to her motherland,
she is free to pay visit to her loved ones,
she is free, a free woman.

I did not tell him all of these. I just said some sentences that getting a divorce might be difficult for women in Iran, as officially they have no rights to ask for divorce, and this friend of mine wanted to have a divorce for almost two years now... and it was done, finally.

He went back to his monitor, , ,

"Yes, hhmm,,, I know different places of world are somehow different from Sweden..."
he said after some 10 minutes.

1 comment:

S said...

When she herself has a tough time explaining what "when she is free" means, and tends to stay silent and celebrate in silence, no big deal, it's just that she is free now