Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Religion

It's not like I would say these are all lies,

The thing is, If, I was living in a limited world, where people couldn't know much, or couldn't find out much, and I really felt like my ideas would make a change and make the world a better place, with knowing that I am smarter than average,

I would have set some rules and ok, if people asked I would have invented someone much stronger - God - to establish them.

I mean, this is just a matter of having an extra ordinary smart person with limited perspective, with some good will to make the world a better place.

I could see me bringing a religion and even creating a God, I could pretend I got all the books by some sound from the god (common, with a little help of illusion it could look like that, you don't even need to make that big of a lie!)

I mean, a religion is one of the simplest inventions of human beings. Why people buy it then? ok, why not. It's really bothering not to know where you come from, where you are going. it's really depressing the fact that this world has absolutely no rule, no justice. No one would ever tell you why the most disaster things happened in your life, no one would ever give you any guarantee that you are doing the right thing.

and man can not just take this "meaninglessness". It's too much. It's too "pointless", you never know wether you did the right thing, you can never be sure of what you are doing. But having a religion, whatever you do is right, good result is guranteed either in this world or afterwards, and you are never wrong (never need to blame yourself) if you do according to the religion. The more you believe in a religion, the more you get to feel sure of doing the right thing if you do what exactly the religion says. Things would have an end. Bad guys would get punished in hell. Good guys would get rewarded in heaven. little children died in wars would be happily living afterwards.

It's just that, in some world, in some time, I could be the one who brings a religion. Why would I believe in such thing then?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"God is a concept by which we measure our pain" John Lennon

Anonymous said...

"unbearable lightness of being"