Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Swimming Story

- when did you learn to swim?

- well, I was seven when my mum sent me to a swimming class, but after some sessions I quit,  I stood up and cried and I said I wouldn't go.

- why?

- I was afraid of water, but then when I was fifteen, my mum said "Girl, you got to learn swimming" what would you do when your husband wants to swim with you in the pool or on the  beach on holidays? what would you tell him? that I don't know swimming? what would you tell to your children when you want them to learn swimming?  I am your mum and I am not brave at all, but I managed to learn it, and so must you. mum, it's not like I can swim with my husband, not in Iran. I am not talking about Iran, you are leaving here. you will swim with your family as I did with your father, and it's a shame if you cant!

- And what did the girl say?

- she said "I will try for one session", and she fell in love with it afterwards.

No comments: