Friday, December 07, 2012

Moments

note to myself: this post was originally written in early October, 2012.

Among all the things we did not get to do together, we managed to do this last one anyway. I rushed to the hospital for you, after I got your call. You said "Hi" and I knew I needed to ask "which hospital?", and it didn't even matter. This city has no more than three. I was not worried, I knew what was going on, although I rushed in my pyjamas, couldn't waste time, you see, there aren't many times when you have the chance to be there for someone, and once you got it, you better not waste it.

We also checked something in Canada that we would laugh at later, "We got some morphine ", for you. Man, that was some tough pain.

And I got to see you struggle in pain, as your arms were twisted in your chest, trying to push it away, muscles were contracting and I got to admire your muscular arms once again. I had forgotten how gorgeous they looked, couldn't resist to enjoy. Sorry.

I got to be by your side, and people noticed, I could not help hushing you, kissing you on your cheeks or touching your soft black hair while you were being tortured with that pain.
 
Now you are asleep. Morphine and that drug for the nausea have worked at last. They have put you in a room where they can keep the lights off. Light is a torture, that I know. I also fantastically realized that the UBC wireless works in this hospital. I had brought my laptop to keep me busy. I hope the typing sound is not bothering you as it always did when I typed in bed. I am trying to be quiet.

Sleep tight. The pain would be gone soon. 




No comments: