Tuesday, January 08, 2013

The little one

I came home, 9.35 pm. It's raining, it's cold. So usually, I need to eat something when I come home. I was thinking about it on the bus, thinking and asking myself about what I could eat, and then I heard someone from within the crowd inside, you know, when someone is quite short and you can't see them in the crowd, but you could hear them among all the screaming the others make. I heard "milk, cold milk". Well, "cold milk?! in winter? wasn't it warm? does anyone want warm milk?", I asked loudly. No one responded. So I thought ok, I was mistaken and went on thinking about other things I could have. In the end I was convinced that I wanted to have milk, but it had to be warm, "I almost never drink cold milk", I said to myself. When I arrived home and I took the bottle of milk out of the fridge and was about to pour it in my mug, I heard it once again, louder this time, "cold, please", and then I looked more carefully, a little blond girl had come out of the crowd and was standing in the front, where I could see her. She was about six years old, wearing a white dress with a light pink ribbon on it's waist, and she was looking into my eyes with her light brown eyes, saying the world "please" the way you could see the magic of it.

And then I realized, "Oh, you are the Little Cold Milk Appetite! you come in winter, and you crave it mostly when we are outdoor, in rain or walking on the snow!"

She smiled. "Yes, could I have my cold milk now please?"

"Sure", I said. I had completely forgotten about this one, it's first time this year she is here. She didn't visit last winter, maybe that was the reason that I couldn't recognize it in the beginning. 


No comments: